• Prizes of 50 thousand pesos to the top of the national category will be awarded, and 45 thousand pesos for the winner of the State of Mexico.
• All reports published in print or digital media, during the year 2015 and until July 31st can participate.
Mexico City and Toluca, State of Mexico, 14 July 2016. In order to give more opportunities to participate to the greatest possible number of reporters in Journalism Award on Scientific and Technological Innovation, the organizing committee of the event, which is comprised of Clarke Modet & Cº Mexico, the Mexico State Council of Science and Technology (COMECYT), the Mexican Association of Directors of Applied Research and Technological Development (ADIAT) and the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI), extended the time limit for receipt of work until Sunday 31st July 2016. The deadline date published in the Call was originally 15th July.
The contest, which this year reaches its seventh edition and has received about 300 reports to participate during its six previous editions, awards a prize of 50 thousand pesos to the top of the national category, and 45 thousand pesos a winner category of the State of Mexico.
Works that can participate are those stories originally published in print or digital media, during the year 2015 and until the closing date of the competition, ie, on 31st July.
Complete contest rules are available on the websites of the organizers:
• Clarke Modet & Co Mexico (www.clarkemodet.com.mx)
• COMECYT (comecyt.edomex.gob.mx) and
• ADIAT (http://www.adiat.org)
• Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI) http://www.impi.gob.mx/
In addition, the Facebook (www.facebook.com/PremioPeriodismoInnovacion/) page can approach journalists to answer questions and get the latest news about the contest. For all information on previous editions of the prize and also download the bases, is the Web site http://www.periodismoinnovacion.mx/
Further information and clarifications:
Carlos Trasviña Castro
Communication Paper Ball
Tel .: (55) 2454-0400 / 2454-0404