For the third consecutive year, Chile will host the Summer Course on Intellectual Property offered by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), jointly with the National Institute of Industrial Property (Instituto Nacional de Propiedad Intelectual, INAPI).
The program includes conferences by national and international experts in the field of intellectual property. Additionally, the students have access to case studies and discussion groups.
The course will take place at the INAPI's institutional building between January 25th and February 5th of year 2016, and is addressed at students and to young professionals, both national and foreign. The initiative seeks to deepen their knowledge in order to contribute to the countries' economic, social, cultural and technological development.
In this new version of the course, the focus will be placed on the relation between intellectual property and the company.
Students who satisfactorily complete all of the program's requirements will receive a certificate of their participation.
Participation quotas for applicants
The course offers 40 available quotas for students and young professionals, both nationals and foreigners, from any career, field of study or discipline.
Applicants who are pre-selected must complete and approve WIPO's General Course on Intellectual Property (DL101), which is conducted online.
All details about the online course will be directly communicated to the pre-selected applicants, via e-mail.
- Persons interested in participating in the course must send their Curriculum Vitae and a personal motivation statement letter to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- The chosen applicants will be notified via e-mail.
- Applications will be received until December 30, 2015.
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or check WIPO's webpage:
Fees for registering for the course will vary depending on the applicant's place of residence and are the following:
Students and young professionals from developing countries and countries in transition:
- Students: 250 US Dollars.
- Young professionals: 350 US Dollars
Students and young professionals from developed countries:
- Students: 500 US Dollars
- Young professionals: 700 US Dollars
Note: Young professionals are those who possess, at most, 3 years of professional experience.